Paro eliminated the pain of an unexpected resignation by onboarding an interim controller immediately
“When our controller gave notice, we panicked, knowing our small finance team would be swamped overnight. But, the speed at which Paro was able to find us an interim controller with the experience and skill set we needed, combined with the controller’s ability to get up to speed quickly, better our processes, and provide an unbiased and fresh set of eyes on the numbers, was amazing. We will absolutely use Paro again.”
Lauren Barranti, President & CEO, CHME
CHME provides the full range of home medical products, supplies, and services, getting patients where they need to be and being there for them when additional support is required.
The medical device distribution industry has high transactional volume with strict HIPAA regulations, and at CHME’s scale, specialized software is a prerequisite, so in addition to their core Quickbooks financial software, CHME leveraged Brighttree.
CHME had been heavily reliant on the controller leading their two-person finance team and needed to find a replacement able to navigate insurance billings, understand how the flow of funds operates in a medical space, and use a specialized tech platform stat.
The Paro financial expert was not only able to establish himself as a trusted resource, but also kept the organization afloat while simultaneously implementing process improvements.
After the help of a Paro expert, CHME:
- Simplified closing processes by reducing unnecessary pivot tables and various other data-intensive and time-consuming analyses
- Substituted easy-to-follow links to eliminate hard-coded inputs
- Instituted process documentation to de-risk the organization from any one individual’s knowledge
- Re-engineered essential reports to create a more efficient process across revenue, COGS, and related cycles
- Created a best-practice audit trail for all excel schedules with clear formulas and documentation
- Was able to replace a full-time resource with a fractional expert who required less than half the time to close the books each month